It’s Work Out Loud week and you can find a good summary of intent and good practice from Helen Blunden here.
For my part I know that with my organisation’s biggest event of the year #CIPDACE16 taking place I’m unlikely to find too many opportunities to share beyond Twitter.
So I thought I’d share, proactively, a list of things I haven’t got around to. Some of you may find this list baffling because you are veritable productivity machines.
Me? I always have more ideas than time and that will probably always be the way. This blog is to give other people in that space some company.
Here’s what I haven’t done yet
- Blog on the gig economy, democratisation of the workforce etc explaining that the terminology is unhelpful. I’ll do a little grid, it’ll be great. . .
- Publish a blog on Byron Burger and THAT incident. It was written a month ago
- Write a book (I have 4 ideas I haven’t progressed)
- Publish all the answers to my 50 questions about the #futureofwork. This will be done next week
- Publish blog on Pokemon Go. Finished two months ago but didn’t want to look too opportunistic
- Go through every deck I use and add clear referencing for anyone sent them
- Sent one of my mentees dates for a possibly next meeting (sorry dude)
- Completed a full presentation on project management lessons from the production of Jaws
- Registered as a speaker for the next #DisruptHR
It’s not a to-do list. Like much of life a mixture of failure, prioritisation and good intentions.
One thing I can commit to though is that in my day job we’ll continue with the Ask Me Anything sessions we’ve been running for the people we support -and being honest in the responses.